Hi, I'm Josh!
I'm the app developer at Twinkl, and I work with the Twinkl Team to come up with exciting concepts for our range of fab educational apps and software. I love coding, and if I get any free time then I enjoy travelling around the world with my lovely wife Suzi, our dog Bentley, and cat Dante. Currently I am Head of ESL at British School in Kuwait.
Welcome to The BIC® Picture 2012!
The BIC® Picture colouring competition has returned for its third year and it's bigger, brighter and better than ever! Open to kids aged between 4-11, it's a great activity for primary school teachers to run during art lessons to encourage creativity, or it can also be something fun to do at home!
What's it all about?
- The competition theme is "What would your dream house look like?"
- Children can enter the competition by simply drawing a picture of their dream home on a white A4 piece of paper and post the entry to the address below by the closing date of Monday July 16, 2012 at 17:00 (GMT).
The grand prize!
The overall winner of this year's The BIC® Picture is in for a real treat:
- The lucky winner will get an exclusive illustration lesson for their school class with celebrated children's illustrator, Sue Hendra, creator of the much loved, ‘Norman the Slug with the Silly Shell.' They will also receive their very own framed illustration from Sue, not to mention a bag of BIC® goodies!
Who's judging the competition?
All entries will be in the very capable hands of our judges:
- Children's illustrator Sue Hendra
- Art education consultant Jo York
- BIC UK and Ireland Junior Trade Marketing Manager Olivia Calamand
Be famous on BIC's Facebook page!
We will be uploading the pictures from the first 20 schools and first 20 individuals on to our new Facebook page, which means schools, friends and family will be able to see some of the creative drawings from this year's The BIC® Picture online!
How to enter
To enter the competition, just follow these simple steps:
- For individual entries (completed outside of school), you will need to print off the parental consent form to fill out and sign
- For entries from schools, each entry will need to have a parental consent form and a school consent form to accompany them
- Then send off the drawings along with the signed consent forms to the following address:
The BIC® Picture
c/o 3 Monkeys Communications
The Lightbox, 127 - 133 Charing Cross Road